Friday, January 24, 2014

Oh! Frenchy: Valentines Day Flea Market Find




Hello, 
I am so excited today to share with you 
my Vintage Flea Market find!


I have to say that this is one of my favorite finds for Valentines day! 
It has been so cold here but the words to this music warms my heart!
This is during WW1 and dates 1918.
It is about a young American women who becomes a nurse and jumps at the chance to go to France!
She meets a French soldier who through his French charm she falls in love with!


Oh! Frenchy
Rosie Green was a village Queen,who enlisted as a nurse.
She waited for a chance and left for France with an Ambulance,
Rosie Green met a chap named Jean, 
a soldier from Pa-ree,
When he said, 
"Par-le- vous, my Pet"
She said, 
"I will, but not just yet,"
When he'd speak French to her,
she'd an-swer lov-ing-ly,

Chorus:
Oh! French-y, Oh! French-y,
Although your language is so new to me,
When you say, "Oui oui, la la"
"we" means you and me,
la la Oh! Frenchy, Oh Frenchy,
You've won my love with your bravery
March on, March on,
with any girl you see 
But when you la la la la la,
Oh,Frenchy
save your la la la's for me.
Oh! me.

Verse 2:
Rosie Green married Soldier Jean 
when his furlough time arrived
She said, 
"Go pack your grip
 We'll take a trip on a big steam ship,"
Rosie Green
took her Soldier Jean down home
some where in Maine,
They say her rural Pa and Ma,
refused to do that oo la la,
But when she's alone with him
you'll hear the same refrain,
Oh! Frenchy

Words by Sam Ehrlich
Music by Con Conrad
 Broadway Music Corporation
Cover by EE Walton




No comments:

Post a Comment