Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pink Depression Glass Collection and Patterns


Hello, I hope this week of January has been good for you! Or should I say has this last week been good to you?
 My week has been full...
I have been busy helping my husband pack for a business trip to North Carolina. 
My daughter had her Senior homecoming at her high school on Saturday.
 My oldest son bowled today with some friends to raise money for a Kitchen that feeds the homeless people in our area of Missouri.
 My youngest son has the flu. Poor little guy!
As I said, I have had a full week!

With Valentines coming up I thought I would share with you a collection I have started. 
My Pink Depression Glass Dishes.
I have done some research and I am going to show you the patterns I own, the company, and the Year they were made.
Some of these were given to me from my mother . Some of the dishes I have stumbled upon at the market and some were passed down from generation to generation.

These teacups and saucers are called the "Madrid" pattern.
They are from the 1930's and were made from the Federal Glass Company.

These bowls are also the " Madrid" pattern.

This Candle Holder / Vase , pair of small candle holders and serving bowl are also the "Madrid" pattern.
 Here I wanted to show you three different sizes of plates. A large dinner plate, a salad plate and a saucer for the teacup. 


I left the pictures a little dark to show you the patterns better. 
 This is the "Mayfair" pattern.
 Some call it "Open Rose"
 These date 1931-1937 and were made by the Hocking Glass Company.


This pattern is called "Holiday" or also known as "Buttons and Bows".
These dishes were made by the Jeannette Glass company in  1947-1950's


These dishes are displaying the "Old Cafe" pattern which was made in the 1930's by the Hocking Glass Company. 


This dividing piece is also "Old Cafe" Pattern.

Well, that concludes my Pink Depression Glass Collection. I hope you enjoyed it and I hope that you can do some research of your own to appraise and find out the history of your dish collection!
 I used several online sites to find info on this topic. I found the most helpful to be www.rubylane.com.
I hope you have a great week!
 Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment