Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas 2013 House Tour





Welcome to my Christmas 2013 House Tour! 
 I hope you enjoy seeing my home and please feel free to comment. 
 I would love to hear from all of you!



                                                   
  Lets begin on the porch! This is one of my favorite spots at home. I enjoy sitting here and reading a good book, drinking a cup of coffee, and at night the lights make the porch glow!
 Do you have a favorite spot at your home during this season?










I made this chalkboard sign and hung it on this door in the corner of my porch. "May your days be Merry and Bright"...and may all your Christmases Be White!
It looks as if in my area that may happen this year! 



This is a wreath I hung on my door this season! 




Come on in, I would like to start by showing you my living room. I decorated with vintage items such as  postcards, sleigh, stockings and ornaments!




Here below are some of the ornaments on my tree this year!




I do not have a fireplace but I love the look of one.  I used this candle stand, logs and evergreen with Christmas lights to make a place to hang the stockings from




The stocking are hung... My children are teenagers now but we still hang their stockings every year.



Let us make our way into the dining room!



 I love the glow of candles at a table. So warm and inviting!  
 I made the "Peace" banner last year out of burlap.


 I used this old gardening tool box as a centerpiece. I displayed plates and vintage ornaments in it.




I used a mix of vintage and new dishes and table linens. 








 I painted my nativity scene white this year! I really didn't know how it was going to turn out. I'm glad I took the chance because I think it is lovely!   







I enjoy looking at this little village at night. You can see in the little windows the people sitting in there tiny homes. It brings back my imagination... I would love to shrink to size and go exploring the little village! 




 I started a small collection of Johnson Bros. English tea cups. It is fun hunting and collecting dishes year after year! 
  



Please Come along with me  into the kitchen. I used gingerbread men, houses, cookies and vintage cookie cutters to decorate with!







This is a shelf that I used to hold more of my gingerbread decorations! The giant gingerbread man cookie cutter in the middle is new this year. I also collected  a giant gingerbread house cookie cutter that is shown in a picture below. 









Aren't these gingerbread houses adorable? My family made these every year but my children are growing up and it has been hard to keep the tradition going.
  We have started new traditions now!   




These little gingerbread houses are a favorite ornament of mine in my kitchen this year.
Do you have a favorite ornament this year?



Below is a peek of my vintage hot chocolate bar!  




 I used a picnic basket to display vintage candy dishes and cookie cutters. A scale holds an antique bowl that we keep our hot chocolate in. 








That concludes my Christmas House Tour! I hope you enjoyed my home! There has been so many beautiful home tours this Christmas!  Please come back again and join me for more vintage style decorating!
 Merry Christmas!



1 comment:

  1. You know how to do your Christmas decorations! I noticed that you’ve decorated the space pretty good and it’s definitely giving a great vintage vibe. I am celebrating my Christmas in one of the venue NYC has and the whole family will be there. I am also going with the vintage look!

    ReplyDelete