Monday, December 30, 2013

A Vintage New Year 2014!








Welcome to my vintage New Year 2014!

I hope all of you are looking forward to the New Year... I know I am! 
New beginnings and Resolutions, speaking of which... have you been thinking of what yours will be? 
I have a few in mind for myself. 
It is always hard analyzing yourself for improvements and then making goals to get there. 
Well, it is for me anyways. 
I would like for everything to just stay the same and never change. 
But life is full of changes and therefore new beginnings and new goals.


 I found a quote for 2014 I wanted to share: 
"She turned her cant's into cans and her dreams into plans".







This is a picture of the vintage shelf I hung above my couch. I recently did this for Holidays to display more of my vintage finds. I made the vintage sheet music by hanging them from twine and stenciling the birds onto the sheets with black paint.  





I made this New Year sign from brown paper by tracing a circular object from home {For example a bowl}. I then cut it out and glued these letters I purchased onto it. I then glued garland around the outside and added a vintage broach to the middle. 





I placed this vintage postcard,sheet music, and lantern in this antique tin box. I am not sure if this is a cigar box or what it is exactly...Please comment below if you know what it could be.
  




This is a vintage postcard I found that has the calendar month January 1895 displayed on it. It is titled 
"Children from Many Lands" 

It says," A dreary place would be this earth 
Were there no little people in it,
The song of life would lose its mirth, 
Were there no children to begin it".






This is a vintage book That reads "A New Future" I thought that was suitable to display for New Years.





I have left my tree up for the past couple of New Years and I leave just my gold and white ornaments on it. I made these numbers 2014 and pinned them to the tree. On the top I place a clock I made out of brown paper with garland around it! 




The New Years sign is a chalkboard I made out of a vintage mirror by taking the mirror out and spraying the back with chalkboard paint. I displayed a mercury hurricane candle holder and vintage book wrapped with twine then added a tag with 2014 written on it. This lays on a vintage mirror tray.






The midnight kisses are Hershey's Kisses I displayed in these vintage wine glasses. I seen this cute and clever idea on Pinterest.  Please see my prior blog for New Years Eve Party Ideas!  





Please Stop by again tomorrow and see more of my Vintage New Year Decor! 
I hope you have a Great Day!
- Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment